The Masia Can Ametller is located in an area of Sant Cugat that in ancient times was called “Fonte Calciata”.
The name of the place is mentioned in the year 986 in a deed by which two characters named Major and Baró sold ton Odó, Abbot of the Monastery of Sant Cugat, who owned land and houses “… in Locum que Fonte dicunt Calciata .. . “. During the twelfth century, in the same place was the church of Sant Llorenç de Fontcalçada, and today is behind the farmhouse, as a part of the establishment.
In 1136 appeared the first names that match the name Fontcalçada but it was not until the late fifteenth century when a reference is made, for the first time, to the name of Ca n’Ametller.
The name that we have known so far today comes from one of its owners, the Masover Ametller, that named the farm around the seventeenth century. One hundred years later, the farmhouse became the property of the Monastery of the Discalced Carmelites of Barcelona.
In 1781, a new owner rebuilt the chapel that was in ruins. Since then, Masia Can Ametller has been restored several times, in one of which, in 1976, there was discovered a horseshoe-shaped apse.
The Masover Ametller named the farm around the seventeenth century
During the twelfth century, in the same place, there was the church of of Sant Llorenç de Fontcalçada